Friday, June 19, 2009

NORDIN GROUP

APAK is the founder and chairman of NORDIN GROUP. it's the parent company of a few subsidiary companies consists of : a legal firm, an architect firm and a few construction companies. it's a one stop centre, fully owned by my family members like; my Apak, my sisters, my brother in laws, myself & my other half. we started operating since 2003 in melaka raya, a 3-storey shoplot. years passed by, the legal and architectural departments' workmen expended and they had to rent the next door shoplot due to limited production space.

at the same time, APAK always had this vision to acquire a land to build our very own NORDIN GROUP building so that we get a bigger and more comfortable space to work. but somewhere last year, my 2 elder sisters (blossom : the head of our legal department, and; buttercup : the head of our architecture department) found a nice spot in MITC ayer keroh (the putrajaya of melaka). we managed to find a row of 4 units of 2-storey shophouse selling at good bargains. after discussing with APAK about the building, he agreed with our idea to acquire that building and move NORDIN GROUP to a new premise. so i bought 1 unit, blossom a.k.a. 'BO' bought 1 unit and buttercup a.k.a. 'B.C.' bought 2 units.

so B.C. and her architect husband cracked their heads to come up with the renovation and ID plans. and this is the final 3D proposal presented to APAK.


APAK was so so excited about this renovation and moving thing. he pushed and pester and kept on pushing and pestering us from the acquisition stage to the renovation stage and so on towards the end... and we finally moved and started our operation at our new office premise by 10/04/2009. fiiiuuhhhh, finally.. no more pushings and pesterings from APAK! :) :)



APAK, i love you...



the opening ceremony was held on 15/05/2009. it was a memorable celebration officially launched by the CM of melaka. (but awww man!! nice pictures of the office and the ceremony are in my external hard disk & i left it at the office!!)
i am actually the financial controller of the group, assisted by my little sister, jerd. i need her to be FC2 bcoz i'm the head of our technical/construction department and i'm running a construction company. so i delegate most of book keeping, cheque issuance, banking and accounting workload to jerd. thank god for that or else i'll have to work 24-7.
initially, i was not really keen to move bcoz i was too concerned about the renovation cost, the distance from my home to the new office, renovation cost.. again, renovation cost.. again and again.., but in the end, my beloved other half (azizi a.k.a. ZZ) told me that we had to agree with BO and B.C. that this new office is gonna give a fresh start for all of us and it's gonna be a better place since it's located in a prime area and it's near to almost all core government agencies. and i finally made my mind focus on the positives, minus all negatives and i said to them : ok lah ok lah... jom lah pindah.. (while my head sung lullabuys of : habislah duit aku... koyak lah nak membayau duit bangunan lah, renovation cost lah, bill hitu lah, bill hini lah!!!) but... it's all worth it! i like my new work space, the ID suits my taste. office feels like home bcoz my other half, 4 of my siblings & 3 0f my brother in laws are my officemates and working partners. and..APAK is our big boss. MAK, of coz, will drop by from time to time and she always bring food for us! i love you, MAK...

but to me, on top of all that and the most important thing is; APAK has finally achieved his vision!
welcome to :

NORDIN GROUP
82, jalan tu 2
tmn tasik utama
mitc city ayer keroh
75450 melaka
tel 06.2332223 / 06.2338882
fax 06.2332221 / 06.2318882

4 comments:

Adillah A Nordin said...

Bubs, check out www.theredmaze.com - BZ bought the web address to put in all Nordin Group's creative works in future!
I love going to office now.. close to the most important people in my life :)

buttercup said...

Bubs, this is the first time that i actually read your blog.

I must say, you are quite a writer...something you inherited from Bo and definitely not ME!

Keep on writing, Bubs. :-)

bubbles said...

tq bc.. bak kata kaseh, menulis dengan sepenuh kaseh... (somethg like that lah....)

bubbles said...

BO, takleh pun www.theredmaze tu..